Join Jamey, Adam and Sam this episode for discussions of Ballers, Streaming and the four Dealer Archetypes in Las Vegas. Topics will also include the Netflix-Disney rift, cross over comics, GoT and the Las Vegas Raiders…plus a special report on Weed Town – and of course, the Topless Report, Nerd Alert, Gear Grinders and Area 52.
The Pod Bay Door Show
Episode #26 – Rundown
(Jamey) – Let me set the scene…A Smokey poker room somewhere in the back rooms of Vegas…
This is Jamey with my co-host Adam….
Coming up on this episode we will discuss:
– Down to the Felt…Demon Dealers of Las Vegas.
– Ballers, Weed Town & Steaming…everything.
– and of course, the Topless report, Nerd alert, Gear grinders and Area 52
15 Sec pre roll –
Keep those comments and show suggestions coming in…we love them all –
– JohnCWrightNE commented(mixcloud) – “Never enjoyed stories of Vegas until now – Are high stakes room games real?”
– Tom, Phila, PA (iTunes)commented – “I like the variety with the pod…I learn something each episode”
The Topless Report!!Where are they naked now…
– Naked man shot in front of Las Vegas Church had just competed in the WSOP – won $25,000
– Street performer detained for inappropriate Princess Leia costume.
(Jamey) Time for The Nerd Alert!
Nerd Alert (Adam)
– Netflix/Disney breakup
– The Orville/Star Trek Discovery
– Kong/Planet of the Apes crossover comic
– Game of Thrones recap
– Ballers , The Rock &The Raiders
Special Report: Weed Town
– Nipton, CA
– Weed Infused bottled water
The Concierge Chronicle (Jamey)
This Week we have: Demon Dealers of Las Vegas
Just Like the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse there are 4 archetypes for bad dealers.
- The Cackling demon clown – happy to be taking your money.
- The Math Challenged demon flunky – can’t quite add those cards
- The Zombie demon partier – went from club to work.
- The Talking and talking and talking demon – comedians they are not.
Gear Grinders – Las Vegas
– Why can’t you stream…Everything?
-cheaper to acquire DVD rights than stream everything. It is how Netflix and the rest claim they are able to maintain such low subscription rates…they are more of a channel than a library.
Area 52 (Jamey)
– Artist Ugo Rondinone and his Magic Mountains – $3.5 million with $100,00 kicked in by LV – tourism draw
– Las Vegas Boulevard, where The Strip is located, has had several names. It’s been called 5th Street, Arrowhead Highway, Los Angeles Highway, Salt Lake Highway, US 91, US 93, US 466 and State Route 6